Upland is a bold, ambitious, rural-based visual art and craft development organisation based in Dumfries & Galloway, South West Scotland.
Upland is a bold, ambitious, rurally-based visual art, design and craft development organisation.
Upland is based in Dumfries and Galloway, South West Scotland and has evolved from Spring Fling Community Interest Company - find out more in Our History
Our mission is to embrace a spirit of excellence, innovation and experimentation. We nurture, produce and promote visual art, design and craft, and raise the profile of the creative industries of our rural area in a national and international context.
We support and promote visual artists, designers and makers by developing mutually supportive partnerships, and engaging with diverse communities and audiences.
Our Core Values
- To produce and deliver festivals, events, and experimental projects of the highest quality
- To nurture the development of artistic excellence so that it thrives and grows
- To inspire and educate a wide range of audiences, customers and clients to understand, celebrate, participate in and be supportive of visual art and craft practice
- To raise the profile of visual artists and makers locally, nationally and internationally fulfilling a crucial role in the culture and tourism of Dumfries and Galloway
- To work to benefit the local economy and the sustainability of local communities