The Yellow Door Open Fine Art Competition 2019
* This opportunity is offered through The Yellow Door, Dumfries, please contact them using the details at the bottom of the page with any queries.
INSPIRED BY DUMFRIES & GALLOWAY
This is a call to all artists, makers and writers for submissions for an Open Fine Art Competition. Entries are welcomed from artists anywhere, of any age, in any medium – including but not limited to painting, drawing, printmaking, photography, sculpture, ceramics and other applied arts and crafts.
There will be a cash prize of £250 for the winner of the competition.
Prizes or Commendations will also be awarded to the best submissions within categories (eg. painting, sculpture, photography, etc.) at the discretion of the judges.
1. This is an OPEN competition. Anyone can enter.
2. Entries must be the artist’s own recent work, and are to be submitted to The Yellow Door Group, 16 Queen Street, Dumfries, DG1 2JF. Works can be sent by post or courier, or delivered in person (gallery open Weds-Sat, 10am-5.30pm).
3. More than one entry can be submitted by any individual entrant.
4. Each work submitted must be clearly labelled with the artist’s name, title of the work, medium, and price (if for sale), and must be accompanied by a completed Entry Form and Entry Fee of £15 per entry (£5 for existing Members).
5. The deadline for entries will be at 5.30pm on Wednesday 21 August 2019.
6. The winners are to be selected by a panel of judges appointed by the Committee, and entrants agree to be bound by the decision of the panel.
7. Artists agree to The Yellow Door Group’s use of images of submitted artwork (credited with the artist’s name) in any publicity and promotion for the Gallery at the Yellow Door.
The winner(s) will be announced in the gallery, over a glass of wine, on Friday 23 August, at 7.30pm. All are welcome. All entries will be exhibited in the gallery until 7 September. Works should be collected promptly, if not sold, from Wednesday 11 September, during gallery hours, or otherwise by arrangement.
Should you have any queries, or require any further information, please contact Luke Moloney or any other Committee Member at firstname.lastname@example.org
More info: https://yellowdoordumfries.wordpress.com