Call Out: Upland Biscuit Factory Exhibition
A new exhibition for Upland Members that have taken part in Upland’s flagship event, Spring Fling Open Studios over the years.
This opportunity is for Upland professional members only.
We're delighted to present a new exhibition opportunity for Upland Members in 2022 in partnership with the Biscuit Factory in Newcastle.
In 2022, Upland will be launching the 20th event of Spring Fling, so this exhibition aims to celebrate the diversity of the artists and makers who have taken part over the years, present members with a brand new commercial opportunity, and encourage visitors to the exhibition to visit the 2022 event.
The Spring Fling
An exhibition of work celebrating 20 years of Spring Fling by Upland Members from South West Scotland.
Dates: 14th May – 24th July 2022
The Biscuit Factory, 16 Stoddart Street, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE2 1AN
What we are looking for
We are looking for a range of work in various disciplines that will reflect the breadth of practice of the Upland membership and showcase the diversity of Spring Fling Open Studios. Work will be selected for the exhibition by both Upland and The Biscuit Factory and will be based on the criteria below:
- Work MUST be for sale
- Work should be no more than 3 years old (no later than 2019)
- Work should be in a range of prices across the exhibition to appeal to a range of budgets
- Work should be no more than £3,000 (Please include commission in your pricing. Standard commission rates will apply).
- Work possible for inclusion; ceramic, glass, sculpture, painting, original handmade prints, photographs, textile art. (The Biscuit Factory cannot accept video or installation works)
Selection for the show will be based upon the following:
- How relevant submitted work is to the criteria outlined above
- How the exhibition works as a whole (insuring a good mix of mediums, sizes and subject matter)
Applicants don't have to be taking part in or have applied to take part in Spring Fling 2022 but they must have taken part in the event over the last 20 years and be an Upland Member. If you would like to become an Upland member, find out more HERE.
The deadline to apply is 5pm, Wednesday 24th November 2021.
For the full exhibition brief and information on how to apply, click HERE.
If you have any questions, please contact Joanna Jones - email@example.com
This exhibition is supported by Creative Scotland.