Job Opportunity: Finance & Admin Officer
We are hiring!
We are looking for a motivated Finance & Administrative Officer to join our team.
The initial contract will be for a five month period. Depending on funding this post may be extended.
We are looking for the successful candidate to start immediately, ideally the week beginning 15th February.
The salary will be £10.00 per hour for 14 hours per week.
Upland will provide a work laptop and the successful candidate will be required to work a combination of home and office working (in Dumfries), this will depend on Covid-19 restrictions. Working days are negotiable but two consecutive days per week would be preferable, however, flexible hours can be discussed.
- Maintain financial records on the Sage accounting system including purchase, sales and nominal ledgers and ensure timeous payment of invoices.
- Liaise with the staff to ensure adequate records are kept.
- Reconcile on a monthly basis bank accounts, department and control accounts, and petty cash.
- Liaise with administration team to ensure records reconcile and procedures are followed.
- Assist the Creative Director and Assistant Director with compilation of records and backup documentation as required by funders.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual accounts and year end audit as required.
- Prepare information for monthly management accounts.
- Assist in managing and coordinating Spring Fling’s friends and Upland’s membership systems
- Assist in maintaining project databases, ensuring they are up to date, accurate, and conform to the requirements of the Data Protection Act
- Assist the Assistant Director as required in event evaluation and proof reading of print material
- Occasionally attend and minute committee meetings and planning meetings as required.
- Occasional evening work as required.
- Other day-to-day office duties as required.
Download full job description and details on how to apply here.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 31ST JANUARY 2021.