Spring Fling 2021 Applications Open
Applications are now open for Spring Fling 2021
Spring Fling is the flagship event in Upland’s year-round creative development and arts events programming. Now entering its Nineteenth year, Spring Fling 2021 promises to build on the success of previous years and celebrate its artists and makers.
We're delighted to announce our plans for the 2021 event and to open applications!
In light of the ongoing pandemic, we've been carefully planning to ensure that this year's event can go ahead in the safest possible way whilst still bringing that Spring Fling spirit we all love!
The dates for this year's event are: 29 May - 6 June 2021
Whilst we can't completely return to an open studios format safely, we're building on the successes of 2020 to bring you a carefully curated line up of online events, including virtual studio tours, workshops and talks. Alongside this, a brand new Upland commission and the SF Pop-UP showcase providing the opportunity for makers and customers to meet, discuss and buy/sell work in a safe socially distanced manner.
We can also share that due to the unforeseen changes to last year's programme, we have offered all 2020 participants a place in this year's event if they would like it AND that this year, we've introduced a new way for artists and makers to take part with our Online Only option!
2019 was our last proper open studios event, so here is a mix of data from 2019 as well as the 2020 digital activity:
- Of the 57% of visitors that came from outside of the region, 29.6% from rest of Scotland / 24.7% from the rest of the UK/ 2.7% Overseas
- Including the 43% of visitors from D&G, this year’s visitors brought a record £1.39 million to the regional economy.
- 99% of SF visitors will visit again
- 40% said Spring Fling was the reason they visited Dumfries & Galloway
- Website visits: 2,678 May / 2,759 October
- Visits to Participants websites = 9,802 visits October
- Sales: £6,756 May / £11.391.25 October = £18,147.25 2020
- Audiences from UK, Canada, United States, Australia, Germany, Ireland
- Attend an online only event? 77% visitors said YES / 23% visitors said MAYBE
- Attend a physical event? 85% visitors said YES / 15% visitors said MAYBE
SF Application – What you need to know
Dates: Spring Fling 2021 will be the 29 May – 6 June 2021.
Application Deadline: Applications are now open and close at Midnight (11.59pm) on Sunday 14th March 2021.
How to Apply: Applicants must apply via the SF2021 Application form – emails/postal applications will not be accepted.
*All participants (new and returning) should read these documents as these change from year to year.
For further information and support in submitting your SF2021 application, please contact Joanna Macaulay on firstname.lastname@example.org