Emerge Bursaries 2020
Three Emerge Bursaries available for 2020!
Emerge Bursary Programme 2020
A 9 month programme of mentoring and a bursary of £1,000 for emerging artists or makers who have a connection to Dumfries & Galloway.
Two Emerge Bursaries are available in 2020 for emerging artists and makers 30 years and under (supported by The Holywood Trust).
One Emerge Bursary is available in 2020 for emerging artists and makers of ANY age (supported by Creative Scotland).
For 2020, Upland is offering three Emerge Bursaries for early career artists and makers originally from or with a strong connection to Dumfries and Galloway. Upland will offer a mentoring programme with an established practitioner in a related discipline, £1000 to fund the creation of new work and gain funded and automatic entry into Spring Fling 2020 (23-25 May 2020). The programme is aimed at emerging artists who intend to pursue a career as a professional artist / maker. Emerge aims to provide support which will enable the participants to develop both creatively and professionally providing a stepping stone between education and a career in the arts.
The deadline for applications to the Emerge Programme is 5pm on Friday 18th October 2019.
- Be a graduate, postgraduate or final year student from a UK art school*
(PLEASE NOTE: Applications will be considered from graduates of Dumfries & Galloway College. In exceptional circumstances applications will be considered from artists without an art qualification, however in this instance applicants must be nominated by a suitably qualified sponsor or referee - i.e an arts professional or arts organisation).
- Demonstrate a strong connection to Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland
- Be available for 12 days mentoring with a matched mentor between January - September 2020
- Be available to create new work to show at Spring Fling Open Studios 2020. You should be in attendance in a temporary 'open studio' space from 10.30am - 5.30pm each day over 23, 24 and 25 May 2020**
- Agree to the Terms & Conditions of taking part in Spring Fling 2020. These will be made available for applicants to view on request.
For the first time we are offering one Emerge bursary to an emerging artist or maker without an age limit.
- Two of the Emerge bursaries must be undertaken by artists/makers who are 30 years old or under by 30 September 2020 (supported by The Holywood Trust)
- One Emerge bursary is open to an artist or maker of any age (supported by Creative Scotland)
You will be asked to enter your date of birth on the application form.
You will also be asked to enter why you want to take part in the programme, what you hope to gain and outline why you consider yourself an ‘emerging’ artist or maker.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate a commitment to their chosen practice.
DOWNLOAD THE FULL BRIEF AND LINK TO APPLICATION FORM HERE.