Professional & Creative Development
We aim to provide support and opportunities to enable the creative talent of Dumfries & Galloway to flourish.
Professional development sessions are currently taking place online. See 'opportunities' and 'events' for forthcoming events.
We deliver a creative and professional development strand within our yearly programme to support the visual artists and makers based in D&G. We aim to provide support and opportunities to enable the creative talent of the region to flourish. From established to emerging artists Upland seeks to drive forward a spirit of innovation, excellence and experimentation.
We currently have a programme of creative & professional development events taking place with an emphasis is on networking, sharing and developing skills and learning new skills. Integrated within this is the process of building relationships and negotiating routes with other agencies and art organisations to ensure that whilst Dumfries & Galloways creative community can thrive within itself it also remains outward looking, connecting with a wider network beyond the region.
Our Creative and Professional Development programme varies year to year, as we listen and respond to our members needs, but it regularly includes the following:
- Advice Sessions - Sessions and workshops covering various topics from advice on how to approach galleries to how to do your own PR.
- Go & See Trips - Connect with other Upland members and join organised trips to various exhibitions and museums.
- Residency Opportunities - Upland has previously run a pilot residency for Upland members with Cove Park and is developing new residency opportunities.
- Peer Support groups - we offer support to help initiate peer led support groups, enabling opportunities to discuss work in progress in a supportive environment.
- Artist talks & events - A programme of artist talks by Upland members and events linked to current projects.
- Peer mentoring sessions - 1:1 peer mentoring to help progress your practice
Some of these opportunities are for Upland Members only, but many are open to all. For more information on upcoming events & opportunities visit the relevant pages. If you are an Upland member and would like to make a suggestion please use the 'feed your ideas' form.
Would you like to join Upland? Find out how here.
The 2017 programme was supported by LEADER & Creative Scotland.
The 2019-21 programme is supported by Creative Scotland